Ukr. Bot. J. 2016, 73(1): 56–60https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj73.01.056
Fungi and Fungi-like Organisms
Distribution of sensitive to air pollution lichens in small towns of Kiev RegionShershova N.V.
- M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- 2, Tereshchenkivska Str., Kyiv, 01004, Ukraine
Occurrence of epiphytic lichen species sensitive to air pollution was studied in model small towns Irpin, Bucha and Boyarka of Kiev Region. For each town, distribution maps of the species with medium and high sensitivity to air pollution are provided. Description of the occurrence patterns of these lichens is presented. Occurrence of sensitive species is found to be higher in Irpin and Bucha. Besides, these towns have parklands which are remnants of the forests of natural origin and serve as refugia. The study shows that air quality and, consequently, environmental quality in towns Irpin and Bucha is generally higher than those in Boyarka.
Keywords: epiphytes, lichen indication, mapping, air pollution, Irpin, Bucha, Boyarka
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 1.86M
- Byazrov L.H. Lyshainyky v ekologicheskom monitoringe, Moskow: Nauchnyi myr, 2002, 362 pp.
- Dymytrova L.V. Ukr. Bot. J., 2008b, 65(1): 133–140.
- Dymytrova L.V., Ukr. Bot. J., 2008a, 65(4): 572–575.
- Khodosovtsev A.E. Konstanty: Almanakh sotsialnykh doslidzhen, 1995, 2–4: 52–60.
- Kondratyuk S.Y. Ukr. Bot. J., 1994, 51(2–3): 148–153.
- Kondratyuk S.Y. Indication of environment state of Ukraine with lichens, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2008, 336 pp.
- Kondratyuk S.Y., Kucheryavyi V.O., Kramarets V.O. Ukr. Bot. J., 1991, 48(2): 72–76.
- Kondratyuk S.Y., Kucheryavyi V.O., Kramarets V.O. Ukr. Bot. J., 1993, 50(4): 74–83.
- Kondratyuk S.Y., Martynenko V.H. Likhenoindykatsiya, Kirovohrad: TOV Kod, 2006, 260 pp.
- Nekrasenko L.A., Bayrak O.M. Ukr. Bot. J., 2002, 59(3): 278–284.
- Zelenko S.D. Ukr. Bot. J., 1999, 56(1): 64–67.