Ukr. Bot. J. 2017, 74(2): 148–153https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj74.02.148
Vegetation Science, Ecology, Conservation
Lichen indication of air quality in Gostomel urban settlement of Kiev RegionShershova N.V.
- M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- 2, Tereshchenkivska Str., Kyiv 01004, Ukraine
Distribution and occurrence of epiphytic lichen species that are sensitive to air pollution in Gostomel urban settlement, Kiev Region, were studied. Distribution maps of indicator species were provided. Distribution patterns were identified. Based on calculation of the Index of Atmospheric Purity (IAP) (Le Blanc & De Sloover), three zones with different air pollution were distinguished (clean, slightly polluted, moderately polluted); these zones evidently correlate with the mapping data. As a result of the study, it was determined that the environmental situation in Gostomel is quite favorable, due to relatively small number of potential pollution sources (primarily, road and rail transport, as well as the largest industrial enterprise of glassworks) and presence of large isolated green areas, parks and public gardens.
Keywords: epiphyte lichens, lichen indication, mapping, air pollution, air quality, Gostomel, Kiev Region
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 1.69M
- Dymytrova L.V. Ukr. Bot. J., 2008a, 65(4): 572–575.
- Dymytrova L.V. Ukr. Bot. J., 2008b, 65(1): 133–140.
- Khodosovtsev A.E. In: Konstanty: Almanakh sotsialnykh doslidzhen, 1995, 2–4: 52–60.
- Kondratyuk S.Ya., Kucheryavyi V.O., Kramarets V.O. Ukr. Bot. J., 1991, 48(2): 72–76.
- Kondratyuk S.Ya., Kucheryavyi V.O., Kramarets V.O. Ukr. Bot. J., 1993, 50(4): 74–83.
- Kondratyuk S.Ya. Ukr. Bot. J., 1994, 51(2–3): 148–153.
- Kondratyuk S.Y., Martynenko V.H. Likhenoindykatsiya, Kirovohrad: Kod, 2006, 260 pp.
- Kondratyuk S.Y. Indikatsiya sostoyaniya okruzhayushchey sredy Ukrainy pri pomoshchi lishaynykov, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 2008, 336 pp.
- Le Blanc F., De Sloover J. Relation between industrialization and the distribution and growth of epyphytic lichens and mosses in Montreal. Can. J. Bot. 1970, 8: 1485–1496. https://doi.org/10.1139/b70-224
- Nekrasenko L.A., Bayrak O.M. Ukr. Bot. J., 2002, 59(3): 278–284.
- Shershova N.V. Ukr. Bot. J., 2016, 73(1): 56–60. https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj73.01.056
- Shershova N.V. In: Ekolohichna bezpeka derzhavy: tezy dopovidey IX Vseukrainskoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii molodykh uchenykh i studentiv (State Environmental Safety: abstracts of IX Ukr. Sci. and Pract. Conf. of Young Scientists and Students), Kyiv, Vyd-vo National Aviation Univ., 2016, pp. 143–144.
- Zelenko S.D. Ukr. Bot. J., 1999, 56(1): 64–67.