Ukr. Bot. J. 2014, 71(1): 41–44https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj71.01.041
Plant Taxonomy, Geography and Floristics
Ecological and biological features of tropical species of the genus Momordica (Cucurbitaceae) introduced under the conditions of Belgorod region (Russia)Giang Doan H., Tokhtar V.K.
- Belgorod State National Research University, Russia
Studies of Momordica charantia L. and Momordica balsamina L. species in the Botanical Garden of the BelSU allowed to estimate plant’s growing rate and drought resistance of these perspective plants for introduction. It is established that all studied samples possess rather high degrees of relative drought resistance. It gives a chance to continue further researches on revealing of the most valuable plants of these species for their introduction in culture.
Keywords: Momordica charantia, Momordica balsamina, grow rate, introduction, drought resistance, Middle Black Earth zone
Full text: PDF (Eng) 880K
- Abascal K., Yarnell E. Botanical Medicine, Integrative Medicine, 2008, 7(1): 21–24.
- Climatic data of Belgorod Oblast Meteorological Station. http://meteocenter.net (20.12.2010).
- Khan B. et al. Pakistan J. Pharmaceutical Sci., 2005, 18(1): 62–64.
- Kushnirenko M. D., Goncharov E. A., Cooper E.M. Methods of water exchange and drought resistance study of fruit plants, Kishinev, 1970, 79 p. (In Russian)
- Raman A., Lau C. Review Phytomedicine, 1996, 2(4): 349–362. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0944-7113(96)80080-8
- Taylor L. Technical data report for Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia). Herbal Secrets of the Rainforest. 2nd edition, Austin: Sage Press, 2002, 103 p.
- Zlobin Yu. A. Principles and methods of plant populations study, Kazan University, 1989, 149 p. (In Russian)