Ukr. Bot. J. 2015, 72(5): 505–510https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj72.05.505
Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
The influence of protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitor, sodium ortovanadate, on Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of plantsFedorchuk V.V., Yemets A.I.
- Institute of Food Biotechnology and Genomics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- 2a, Osipovskogo Str., Kyiv, 04123, Ukraine
The effect of different concentrations of protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitor, sodium ortovanadate, on the frequency of Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of leaf explants of N. tabacum was described for the first time. The influence of different concentrations of sodium ortovanadate in the range from 0.5 to 250 µM was investigated. It was found that inhibitor concentrations of 200 and 250 µM provoked the increase of the frequency of agrobacterial transformation of tobacco leaf on 10 and 19 %, respectively, after 24 h of co-cultivation. Increasing of co-cultivation period to 48 h at the same inhibitor concentrations led to an increase in the frequency of transformation on 30 and 40 %, respectively, when compared to control. The presence of the gus gene in the genome of N. tabacum plants after transformation was confirmed by molecular genetic analysis.
Keywords: Agrobacterium-mediated transformation, Nicotiana tabacum, tyrosine depended protein phosphatase inhibitors
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 600K
- Fedorchuk V.V., Yemets A.I. Naukov. Visnyk NUBiP, 2015, 5(54).
- Fedorchuk V.V., Yemets A.I. Vplyv inhibitoru tyrozynovykh proteyinkinaz genisteyinu na ahrobakterial'nu trasformatsiyu roslyn. In: Factors of experimental evolution of organisms, 2015, 17, pp. 261–264. http://nd.nubip.edu.ua
- Fedorchuk V.V., Tanasienko I.V., Yemets A.I., Blum Y.B. Dop. NAN Ukrayiny, 2014, 11, pp. 165–171.
- Gallois P., Marinho P. Methods Mol. Biol., 1995, 49, pp. 39–48.
- Jefferson R., Kavanagh T., Bevan M. The EMBO J., 1987, 6, pp. 3901–3907.
- Murray, M.G. Thompson W.F. Nucleic Acids Res., 1980, 8, pp. 4321–4325. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/nar/8.19.4321
- Pitzschke A., Hirt H. The EMBO J., 2010, 29(6): 1021–1032. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/emboj.2010.8
- Posner B. The J. of Biol. Chem., 1994, 269(6): 4596–4604.
- Rukavtsova E.B., Lebedev A.A., Zakharchenko N.S., Buryanov Y.I., Plant Physiol., 2013, 60(1): 17–30.
- Tang W., Lin J., Newton R. Plant Cell Rep., 2007, 26, pp. 673–683. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00299-006-0270-y
- Thomson J.A. Biotechnology J., 2007, 3. pp. 94–110.